SCL (Singapore) Annual Construction Law Conference 2021 - Hybrid Conference
HOPE AND FEARS - the Built Environment in the Next Decade | Thursday, 23 September 2021 • 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
GUEST OF HONOUR & KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Ms Indranee THURAI RAJAH
- Minister, the Prime Minister’s Office; Second Minister for Finance and National Development; Member of Parliament for Tanjong Pagar GRC
ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE
Hopes and fears – the built environment in the next decade
Business sectors including the built environment have had to and will continue to remould themselves in the shifting
sands of the COVID-19 pandemic – there is no certainty that the old normal will ever return.
This year’s SCL (Singapore) Annual Conference kicks off with a discussion on transformative technologies and sustainable solutions during project execution before what is hopefully an invigorating yet light-hearted debate takes place on whether the next decade will bring forth a more collaborative working style in the built environment or will a culture of blame be the prevailing approach. After lunch, various stakeholders provide their intriguing insights into what could perhaps be seen as a generational change in the conduct of virtual dispute resolution hearings in a post-COVID-19 world.
The Annual Conference will close with an insight into the latest trends and developments in construction law.
The Annual Conference will host some of the foremost construction law practitioners, senior in-house legal counsel and industry experts to provide delegates with a series of four sessions which focus on:
- Session 1: 2030: Is Construction Industry Ready for Technology Revolution?
- Session 2: Debate on the Motion: “The Next Decade will Witness Parties in the Construction Industry Becoming More Contentious and Less Collaborative.”
- Session 3: Positives and Pitfalls of Virtual Dispute Resolution – What Have We Learnt So Far?
- Session 4: International Survey of Construction Law Trends & Developments
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Architects, developers, contractors, engineers, project managers, consultants, managing agents, management corporations and other professionals involved in the construction industry who deal with legal, regulatory and contractual issues
- Construction consultants
- In-house counsel & legal officers working in the construction industry
- Law, building & construction academics and students
To secure your place, please REGISTER ONLINE via our website by 9th September 2021.